Germander Cottage Crafts
Beginner granny square blanket
Crochet yourself this thick and cosy beginner granny square blanket.
The finished blanket measures 142cm long and 92cm wide.
This granny square blanket pattern includes exclusive video links to help you with the instructions. This is a manageable project as the squares are made one by one until you have enough to slip stitch them all together.
- A 4mm crochet hook
- Darning needle
- 1kg of double knit yarn. I have used Cygnet Pure Wool Superwash DK. (50g per ball) but you can use any DK yarn that suits. I also have cotton double knit (DK) yarn available.
You will need:
- 5 balls of Navy for colour A. (250g)
- 2 balls of Gold for colour B (100g)
- 2 balls of lt. Grey for colour C (100g)
- 4 balls of Copper for colour D (200g)
- 7 balls of cream for colour E. (350g)
This DK yarn is superwash wool and there are 104 metres per 50g ball.
If you are going to substitute yarn brands, make sure that the meterage on the ball is the same or similar. You can find out more information about the yarn if you look at Cygnet Pure Wool Superwash DK in my yarn section.