Germander Cottage Crafts
Zigzag lace beanie hat pattern
The zigzag lace beanie hat pattern is a quick knit in aran weight yarn.
The zig zag hat promises a subtle section of lace without compromising on warmth. We used Bowland Aran from Eden cottage yarns for extra softness and a great slouchy effect.
24 rows and 12 sts to 10cm/4in using stockinette stitch on 5.5mm needles.
To fit adult head circumference of 56cm/58cm/60cm or 22/23/24 inches.
Sample shown is the second size on a 58cm/23in head.
- 60/80/100g (2.5/3/3.5oz) aran weight yarn such as Bowland Aran by Eden Cottage Yarns. Featured colourway: Steel. (100% superwash bluefaced leicester/100g/166m/180yds)
- 5mm (US8) circular or DPNs.
- 5.5mm (US9) circular or DPNs
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker to mark beginning of round (not mentioned in instructions)
- Pom pom maker (if desired)
Main photo shows the Bowland aran sample.